Instructions for Pre-Surgery Preparation for Partial Cystectomy Patients
- Starting the day before surgery: Patient May East Breakfast Before 9am. Clear liquid diet is to be followed throughout the day.
- Remain on clear liquids up until midnight. Nothing to eat or drink after midnight the night before surgery.
- If you are a diabetic, please check with your doctor regarding your diabetes medication, as you will be on a clear liquid diet for 1 day.
- If you take blood pressure medications in the morning, please take them with a very small sip of water the morning of your surgery.
- Discontinue any aspirin, Coumadin or anti-inflammatory medications 7 days before surgery. Also, discontinue any vitamin or herbal preparations 7 days before surgery (Tylenol is OK).